This curry butternut squash is super easy and delicious. Our 1 year old even likes it. It’s inspired by my friend, Pam who suggested this flavor combo. Try it out for a tasty new way to enjoy your veggies.
Preheat the oven to 400F. You’ll start by washing, peeling, and cubing the butternut squash. Next, toss with olive oil and curry powder. You can choose to use cooking spray if you’re using a light amount of oil to coat. You can also change the amount of curry powder based on the amount of spice you want with this vegetable. Add almond slivers and craisins and toss to combine. We used reduced sugar craisins here and it was a good blend. Line a baking sheet with foil if you’d like and spread the mixture over the sheet, trying to spread evenly. Bake on 400 for 25-30 minutes and enjoy!
We like to pair these vegetables with chicken for a healthy lunch or dinner. You can also pair this well with steak or just eat the vegetables as a snack option.
Deliciously flavored butternut squash – good mix of sweet and spicy – all flavor.
- Butternut Squash
- 2-4 TBSP Olive Oil (depending on size of squash)
- 2 TBSP Curry Powder (less for lighter flavor, more for intensity)
- 1/4 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup craisins
- Wash, peel, and cube butternut squash.
- Toss with olive oil and curry powder.
- Add almond slivers and craisins (reduced sugar used here).
- Spread over baking sheet.
- Bake on 400 for 25 to 30 minutes.
You can easily change the amount of each ingredient to change the flavor profile and spice. We used reduced sugar craisins.