Hot drinks can be soothing when you’re feeling ill. This tea has added benefits with it’s ingredients. Honey acts a cough suppressant plus has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. Lemon contains vitamin C which can help shorten the length of a cold if you boost your intake when symptoms first start. Ginger can help loosen congestion, soothe sore throats, and ease nausea.
Honey Lemon Ginger Tea for Cold, Flu and Nausea
This hot tea can be soothing when you're feeling ill and has added wellness benefits.
- 1 TBSP Fresh Ginger Root
- 1/2 Lemon - Squeezed
- 1 TBSP Honey
- Bring water to boil.
- Peel skin from fresh ginger root - a spoon works best to peel around the grooves
- Roughly grate 1 TBSP ginger into a bowl
- Pour boiling water over ginger and allow to steep at least 5 minutes
- In mug, mix 1/2 squeezed lemon and 1 TBSP honey
- Strain ginger root from water and pour into mug with lemon and honey